November 7, 2010

It happened again!!

Yep life got busy and I neglected the public by not posting updates.  The joys of life!!!  So there are few things I would love to share with you!  Some are short some are long.  Instead of doing separate blog postings I will just have five different sections!  Neither section really relates to one another except they all relate to the Driskill family's life.  So read the whole thing or read whatever section you would like.  It will go as follows; Utah trip, 99 mph, He Really is 7 Months, Halloween,  and Kicking off November.

Utah Trip
Back on the 14th I took a "quick" drive down to Utah where I spent the weekend.  It was my first time back there since having Carl.  It was the first time my sisters, grandma, and great grandma got to meet Mr. Carl.  I was also able to squeeze in some short visits with my buddies Shay and Peter.  The trip went by in a whirlwind.  I filled my trip with food!  Leatherby's, Best Burger, Training Table, and Dee's.  I was sad that I was not able to hit up some other Utah faves.  I have this rule when I go anywhere outside of Portland I will only eat food that I can't get there.  So Utah is full of places that I can go to.  Besides eating I went and saw my grandma, and great grandma.  I love those women to pieces!!!  And before leaving Utah my sister Brandi and I took our kiddos to go do pictures.  Below are some quick pictures of the visit and the professional ones too.

Meeting his GG for the first time (great-grandma)
Codi and Carl  (CC Cousins)

My grandma with her great-grandbabies.

Three generations

Carl and Aunt Nikki

How ferocious!

Rawr!


Brandi and I and our kiddos!


99 MPH
Life is going going and going.  When I open my eyes it isn't a day that has past it is months!  That is what it feels like anyway.  I started my new job the end of September as a Social Worker.  I only work two days a week, but I love it.  And in the future I do hope it will be more.  But right now it is perfect.  The days I don't work Carl and I spend going to Indoor Park and Book Babies.  It is quite interesting to see how social he is. When I am not filling my days with work and family I am trying to spend my time with my hobby of photography.   This is my favorite of October!
Working on a quote for this. . .

He Really is 7 Months Old!
On October 26th Carl turned 7 months.  Everyday he is doing something new.  He makes everyone laugh and smile and it is crazy to think that our world existed without him.  At night as I am putting him to bed I will just stare at him and I know that God has something amazing planned for him that I can't even begin to daydream about it.

So what is Mr. Carl up to?  He is rolling everywhere.  We can't turn our back on him, if we do he has moved several feet.  One day I went into the kitchen and when I came back out he was gone.  It definitely gave my heart quite a jump.  I quickly found that he had rolled underneath the coffee table.  When I found him he gave out a big squeal of delight he thought it was the funniest thing.

In addition to rolling over Carl is rather talkative.  He loves to babble and he is possibly saying Da Da.  I say possibly because he will say it whenever, but when John goes to grab him or says hi, he does say Da Da.  It is rather cute!!!

He almost has his two bottom teeth.  His bottom gum is super swollen and those teeth will break through any day now.  I do feel bad though because it appears to be absolutely miserable.  He isn't too fussy because of it but there are times when he cries and cries with no comfort. 


So stay tuned to for an update on his pearly whites!


Halloween
Carl's first Halloween!!  Definitely not a night full of trick or treating but the weekend was exciting and makes me look forward to next year's Halloween.  We went to the Pumpkin Patch on Sauvie Island with John's Aunt Marcia and Uncle Dick.  It was super fun.  We got there before the weather was crappy.  We went on a hayride and picked out some pretty good pumpkins!  Before we left we enjoyed some pulled pork sandwiches and an elephant ear!

After the pumpkin patch we went back to their place to carve some pumpkins and eat the pumpkin seeds!  It was a great start the weekend.  Later that day instead of dragging my hubby to a Halloween Party I took him out on our first date since having Carl.  We enjoyed dinner and then after a nice drive through the city we decided we were old and ready to go home.  So we stopped at the grocery store and picked up some goodies then went home.

This year there was no trick or treating but Carl still had a costume.  Enjoy the pictures.















Definitely looking forward to the rest of the year.  Carl's first Thanksgiving and Christmas is just right around the corner!!!!