December 28, 2010

Christmas Weekend

I just want to say this Christmas by far was the best Christmas ever!!!  (except for the Christmas that Jesus was born, of course!)

What made it awesome was not the gifts or food.  What made it awesome was the feeling inside my heart, and family.

I am so thankful for my husband, and son.  When I was opening presents Christmas morning with John and Carl I was filled with joy, peace, and happiness.  All the little and big blessings we received this past year was brought into remembrance.  I wouldn't want to re-do this past year, but God was faithful and brought us through many trials.  That morning we opened presents and laughed and it was an amazing to feeling watch our son sit there with innocence in his eyes as he was presented with gifts and the best gift of all was his health.  Last year we were scared and nervous not knowing if our precious boy would be okay.  But God walked us through it all.  That was the best gift of all.


After opening Christmas presents that morning we went to the Claxtons (John's sister) for some yummy Christmas dinner.  And I got to hang out with some of the funniest kids ever.  I got to teach Alex the politically correct word for individuals without homes is homeless not "hobos".  And I taught Lucy a new kind of praise, "Hallelujah" and "Preach it Pastor".  She was super cute!

Christmas continued on Sunday.  We got to celebrate with some of John's cousins and aunts at the Vander Schaaf's.  Gotta here the best stories (thank you Karla), and enjoyed some amazing food (the trifle was amazing (good job Reed and Bridget).

And then I got to wrap up the weekend celebrating Kabbiba's 30th birthday bash!!!

I have the best family and amazing friends.  And being able to celebrate Christmas with the ones I love was a blessing.  There was many I didn't get to celebrate with, but they were in my thoughts!

I pray everyone had an amazing Christmas weekend, and I pray we can keep the Spirit for the days, months, and years to come!

4 comments:

Danette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danette said...

How do we connect, Aimee? Danette

JC & Aimee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JC & Aimee said...

I went to junior high and high school with Nate.